Friday, December 17, 2010

Rumour has it that the bonus is coming. Which means slightly more moolah for that month.

I have been told to treasure this rare appearence of kaching and make it disappear like a magic trick by going for retail therapy, because if you don't someone is going to make it disappear for you.

Which means, I gotta buy a whole load of things for myself before I have other financial commitments and cannot spulrge on them anymore.




But here's the problem.


I don't even know what to splurge on.

I'm not proud of it, nor am I discreetly hiding this (somewhat) weird behaviour of mine. But I've never really seem to get any high from shopping for clothes/shoes/bags/etc.



Her choice of getting high.



I'll tell you what gets me high and happy (apart from the usual stuff you think you know):
- Escaping laundry duty
- Getting rented DVDs
- Doing grocery shopping
- Cooking leisurely
- Eating my food that I've experimentally cooked
- Pranking someone


Everybody has their thing. I see people with wardrobes full of shoes, others bags.


Me?


Well, my shoes and my bags- I don't think they reach a double digit. Respectively. And let's not talk about my clothes.

Given a choice, I would like to have a rack/shelf FULL OF DVDs. And a good TV. And a recliner.

So I guess, based on this "analysis", I could maybe spend that extra moolah on:
1. DVDs
2. Getting a rack for the DVDs
3. TV
4. Recliner
5. Kick ass sound system? (I just wanted to add a #5)

Sounds like a good plan.


If you have your own house.



Also I don't usually splurge. Either I'm really a cheapskate or because I've had
bad experience with being unemployed and had very low financial fluidity during
those times. So that's why I'm always being cautious?

Haha I don't know.


Then I came across this.




Yikes. What has money done to us.

No comments: