Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen,

Today marks an important day for my space. Because today is the..

1000th post!

Actually it's 1 more zero, grandma. One thoudsandth, not one hundreth. But thx grandma I love you too.



I know it’s only a blog and it’s not like it’s my kid, or my car, or my cactus or anything. But the fact that I’ve stayed loyal to this one blog address all this time it's crazy. Either I’m too lazy to come up with a fancy new name or I’m just too comfortable to move out from here.

But I’d like to think that I stayed because… because this very un-special blog could remind me of what or how I was,


what or how how I am,


and maybe what and how I will be.

Look what I found! HAHA classic.

I started the blog wayyy back in 2003, 7th December to be exact. I remembered I had a yahoo blog which didn’t work out because it was too complicated. Correction, I was (and still am) an IT bimbo so I thought I just dump that and get on with something easier hence blogspot.

Read the archives during my summer break and was pretty surprised as how “interesting” the entries were. Because there are always a certain emotion you have when you're blogging and reading those archives brought back memories of those emotions.

Haha shall not elaborate further.

Instead of bumming you guys with emo entries, I have decided to give my 1000th post a treat of pictures!


Haha ok just kidding.

Hey remember my previous island getaways?


Well, it’s not exactly the same pose or the same group of people,




But a getaway nonetheless. I LIKE!






pictures courtesy of Amahl, the Mr Photog.


And this concludes my 5 island getaways!

It all started out with a random trip in 2007, Labour day. Bored out of our minds, we decided to travel a week before with bare minimum moolah. And when we came back, someone came up with a challenge that I won’t be travelling again. At least not with that kind of kaching I have in my bag.


And I went, “I will travel 5 places before I leave. Watch me.”



Who said being cheap can't bring you places?


In case you're wondering, I specificaly said 5 places because, well, 5 is my favourite number. Just because. Heh.




Since we're all about the pictures, remember my supposed celebrity lookalike Mr Anuar Zain?



Till today, Rose still things that it is true and that I do look like him.

2 things:


  1. Honestly, when someone says I look like a guy, I’m really not sure if that’s a compliment or an insult.

  2. I sincerely and seriously think I do NOT look like him, or anyone for the matter.


Now that I have more recent photos of myself, I shall further prove that the above claim, is in fact, very untrue. Like always, let's compare.


Him.







Me.



TOLD YOU SO.



Happy 1000th post to me. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1000th!!!

-fit-

jee_@hmad said...

hahaha, u made me laugh to tears over the comparison :) i was one of them who tot ur smile/teeth looks like his :) and point highlighted was during one of the netball days. happy 1000th and more to come!

far said...

yesyes! i rmbr you were in fact the second person to mention that. and i was like.. alamak again ah.

thank you.. happy 1000th post to me. =p

Najmi MH said...

i am spreading the looooooooove

HAPPY 1000th post!

thanks for taking me with you, sharing you thoughts (altho sometime it takes you 100 yeaaaarrrsss to tell me after some said incident/thought happen, tapi takpe i love you banyak)

apa ni? merepek.

[ e z z y ] said...

i like this post (: